My contract for gas and electric services with 3rd party - Washington Gas Energy Services - WGES was cancelled effective 6/30/14.They continued to bill me.

I called them in July and was told that it takes a billing cycle for the cancellation to take effect. I received another bill in August. The representative could not figure out why the account had not cancelled and submitted the issue to upper management. In September another bill and the same response, upper management was reviewing the account.

By now the balance is $850.60. It is now October and I am still being told that upper management is reviewing the case. The best the representative could do was transfer me to a manager's voice mail. I'm still waiting for the return call.

I have been informed by Pepco that my service will be discontinued in 10 days unless this matter is resolved.

I am now contacting the Maryland Public Service Commission in an attempt to get this resolved.Do NOT do business with the division of Wash Gas!

Preferred solution: Because I informed them that our contract had ended and they continued to bill me - they should absolve the amount due. .

I didn't like: Customer service, Response time, Resolution time.

Had an Experience with WGL Energy?

Comments